Everyone hates getting that noisy cart. Great safety checklist for businesses who use carts.
Many store managers do not realize that improper functioning carts are a liability to employees, businesses, and to the safety of customers. The following checklist will help you decide if there are potential hazards with your fleet.
ANY CART THAT HAS MISSING PARTS, DAMAGE, DEFECTS, OR ANY OTHER FORM OF NEEDED REPAIR SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM SERVICE IMMEDIATELY UNTIL A REPAIR IS MADE.
- Safety warning on child seating area is intact and legible.
- Seat belt is in working order, and able to be buckled appropriately
- No missing components on the cart
- All fasteners are secure and tight.
- Wheels and castors:
- Not loose, missing, or bent.
- Wheels roll freely.
- There is no noise coming from the wheels.
- Wheel wears evenly, and is still adequate for use.
- All areas on cart are intact and there are no protrusions that can cause injury.
- Welds are intact.
- Joints are intact.
- Cart is level…
View original post 56 more words