You just had a car accident. Now what?
Here are ten things you should do right away:
1. Stop – Assuming you are physically able, stop as close to the scene as possible, doing your best not to obstruct traffic. Turn on your flashing hazard lights.
2. Call the Police (911). Report the following:
- Location of your car
- Your name and address
- Your driver’s license number
- Your registration number
- If there are injuries
Be cooperative and answer all questions truthfully. Do not admit fault. And do not discuss the accident with anyone else.
3. If you are injured, tell the police immediately and describe your injuries. Flag a passerby to call 911 if you are unable to do so.
4. Collect the information below. Make sure you actually look at each piece of the other drivers’ identification. We have seen cases where the other driver reads off…
View original post 326 more words